The Delegation of Authority process at UC Merced is managed by Sheryl Ireland, Director of Policy and Accountability, in the Office of Campus Culture and Compliance. If you need assistance with a delegation, please contact Sheryl at email@example.com
or (209) 756-6326.
- Authority is delegated to a position and not an individual
- It is not necessary to issue a new delegation when individual position incumbents change unless duties change
- Campus principles of delegation and redelegation must be consistent with the “flowdown” concept
- Redelegation must be granted and exercised consistent with original terms and conditions, applicable laws, regulations, etc.
- Formal delegations should include:
- Source of authority
- Description of authority being delegated
- Limitations imposed, including restrictions on redelegation
- Reference to existing delegations that will be modified by the action, if applicable